Scrap/vintage sewing

I made this sunsuit from one of those vintage patterns I bought last month... it's a size 1, and I mostly wanted to see the construction and assembly... I think it came out cute enough that I'll draft a larger version for the Bean later this summer... image

I used leftover Essex Linen in awesome Hot Pink, (and my snap press instead of buttons)...

image

I would imagine this would be even cuter with the bulk of diapers underneath....

image

the fit was actually ok, except that she's WAY taller than the wearer is supposed to be... the straps would NOT reach.

image

but it's still pretty cute. and the pattern as written was pretty neat. I'm thinking if I just took off the bib, and made the straps way longer, it'd be a super cute, vintage-esque shorts pattern for her to wear this summer.... I have some Essex in medium aqua left over... I might need to make a pair like this for Baby Crockett...

image

not sure why she needed to stand on her toes for every shot, but it was so cute....